Thursday, November 11, 2021

Discharged!

I just learned that my artwork, inside of a certain container, wrapped in it's metal crate, was discharged from the good ship Debussy at the Port of Long Beach this week. Good news! Now it goes to a warehouse somewhere in Los Angeles in the next few days, and after that, I'm not quite sure what happens. I've expressed interest to my customs broker in going down to Los Angeles and picking it up myself. I don't know if that's even feasible, but it it sure would beat waiting, like, another month or two for it to show up in Seattle.



This is a sample panel that I had made early on in the project. We later used it to try out a mockup of the aluminum brackets that would attach the panels to the guard rails down at Climate Pledge Arena.

P.S. Best wishes to all the veterans on Veteran's day. Here is a strip by my favorite veteran, Mr. Charles Schulz. Every year on Veteran's Day, he would draw Snoopy going over to Bill Mauldin's house to drink root beers. Rest in Peace, Mr. Schulz!



No comments:

Post a Comment